Tuesday, February 12, 2008

While Drew Was Away....




While Drew was in Akron for his grandfather's funeral, I waddled my way over to my new mecca - AKA Babies R Us - the superstore for all things baby. I recently discovered that Kids R Us-es(?!) do have a limited selection of baby stuff - usually the most popular items from people's registries - so if you ever need to buy a pregnant friend/family member a gift and don't want to drive the 30 mins to a Babies R Us, like I did, just try Kids R Us. Anyway, after checking out the Kids R Us on Sunday, I wanted to see the expanded selection of books and bath items at Babies R Us, so, armed with gift cards from the shower VICKI SO KINDLY THREW FOR US, I journeyed to my mecca yesterday afternoon to pick up some essentials for bathtime with Baby...













Short on space in our lovely one bedroom near-beach condo, I have been thoroughly researching "space-saving baby gear" and this collapsible tub fit the bill and received good reviews from other parents online. There's just one problem with it. Anyone want to take a guess as to what that might be? Anyone? Anyone? That's right - it doesn't fit in our kitchen sink!!!! Well, just wash baby in your bathtub. Errrrrrrr, don't think so! Why not, you ask? Oh, because our landlord has installed a plexiglass semi-wall thing that extends 3/4 of the way from one end of the bathtub to the other, sort of like a permanent shower curtain that you can see through. Of course the shower head is at the end that is completely closed off, so to wash the baby, I'd have to get in the shower myself, turn on the shower head, jump out, put baby bath in, put baby in, wash baby w/water running entire time, dry off baby, etc...



I think I'll just take her across the street every day and wash her in the ocean instead. Or maybe the pool and beach shower out on our condo deck. I'm sure that will be great. Moving on...




I also purchased that big yellow spongey bear thing because the parents online said it was a great item to place in the bathtub to keep your newborn secure when they are just wee little things. I'm thinking that it may have to go directly into the sink and I'll just have to put water in the sink and sit her on that bear and wash her that way. If I don't wash her in the ocean, pool, or public shower, that is.

Bridget suggested that I get the book "Baby Wise" to help get the little one on a consistent sleep schedule and avoid a baby-centered lifestyle. Kudos to her for the recommendation! I'm going to start reading that NOW and re-read it if necessary. If I can get her on a schedule, early on, like Brooklynn, I will be delighted.

Finally, I purchased the purple gift set above and further contributed to Jamie and Casey Johnson's trust funds so they can go out and continue to live it up in Manhattan and make "Born Rich 2." I also figured that Johnson & Johnson's patented potions for calming babies would assist in our Baby Wise nightime bathtime-sleeptime ritual and this gift set was too good to pass up - check out the description below:



"Packaged in a versatile wicker basket, this Johnson's Bedtime Dreams gift set includes all the essential items you'll need to help calm your baby before bedtime. This gift set regimen of a calming bath, infant massage, and calming lotion has clinically proven to help baby fall asleep faster and sleep longer. Set includes Johnson's Bedtime Bath, Johnson's Infant Massage Gel, Johnson's Bedtime Lotion, Johnson's Safety Swabs, and a Lullaby CD, all in a reusable wicker basket. Also includes convenient overnight travel size of both the Bedtime Bath and Bedtime Lotion."


All this for a whopping $14.99 makes it my new favorite shower gift! I just hope it works with saltwater.

No comments: