Happy Birthday to me. I got the best gift today - I started lactating! Yay! I was a little worried about this because it seemed like all the other girls on the message boards were starting and I thought there might be something wrong with me, but sure enough, I got the best present ever for my 31st birthday!
In other news...the hot flashes continue, which provides for a preview of our life in 20 years.
[Drew enters and turns off ceiling fan].
ERICA: DREW! Aren't you hot? Aren't you burning up?
DREW: No...
ERICA: Oh my god, it's so hot. Please turn that fan back on!
DREW: Well, now you know how Mom feels...
A return to insomnia has also been fun this week. I was starting to sleep a little better in the last month, but it looks like some of those symptoms from the first trimester are back again and I'm completely exhausted at 7pm, fall asleep by 8pm, wake up when Drew comes to bed after studying at 12:00 or 1:00am, and then get up for 3 or so hours because I can't sleep. I force myself to try to go back to sleep (on the couch, so as not to disturb Drew who is deep into REM at this point) at about 4am and proceed to toss and turn until he gets up at 7am to get ready for school.
If anyone has any advice on how to get a full night's sleep when you're in your last trimester, I welcome it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment